Harmony Week in Kingston
- March 21, 2023
- No comments
20 March – 26 March 2023
By Andrew Tiganis
Harmony Week is a celebration of Australia as one of the world’s most successful multicultural countries. The week is all about inclusiveness, respect and a sense of belonging for everyone in the community.
The City of Kingston is home to over 167,000 people where almost one in three were born overseas and 22 per cent of which speak a language other than English. Our community is fortunate to have such a linguistically and culturally diverse population. To Celebrate Harmony Week the City of Kingston will be hosting a range of events including:
- Multilingual Storytime at Westall Library
- Location: Westall Library, 35 Fairbank Road, Clayton South
- Date and time: Friday 24 March, 10:30am
- Cultural Diversity Week Concert
- Location: Kingston City Hall, 979-985 Nepean Hwy, Moorabbin
- Date and time: Tuesday 21 March 2023, 1pm to 3pm
- Booking: Bookings are essential. Spaces are limited.
- Ikebana Workshop
- Location: Parkdale Library, 96 Parkers Road, Parkdale
- Date: Friday 24 March, 11am-12:30pm (90min workshop)
- Booking: Limited spaces available. Book your spot today by calling 1300 135 668, ask staff at any library branch or register online.
At Kingston Lawyers, we appreciate that the legal system, although difficult for everyone, can be even harder for those from diverse backgrounds to access. Our team have firsthand experience of what it is like to be from a linguistically and culturally diverse background and can make sure that your legal rights are protected no matter where you come from. Some of the languages that our team can communicate in include Polish, Croatian, Greek, Hindi, Italian and French.
Please call our office at 03 9585 6455 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any legal enquiries.
If you require assistance from a translator, TIS National can assist with immediate phone interpreting on 131 450 (within Australia) or +613 9268 8332 (outside Australia) or their Automated Telephone Interpreting Service (ATIS) on 1800 131 450. For more information, you can visit their website on https://www.tisnational.gov.au/en/Help-using-TIS-National-services/Contact-TIS-National.